[Fedora-xen] kvm usb support

Douglas Sikora dsikora at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 17:17:35 UTC 2008

OK I have it working ......

I had created a winXP  VM as kvm with its disk as slice /dev/sda3

I can launch it directly from the command line with qemu /dev/sda3 ...
to get usb working (I got a usb flash disk working)

did a lsusb and found the device:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 08ec:0015 M-Systems Flash Disk Pioneers Kingston
DataTraveler ELITE

then launched the kvm host with:

 "qemu -usb -usbdevice host:08ec:0015 /dev/sda3"

it took a little bit but the device was recognized and I can access it
and use it under the kvm host.