Re: [Fedora-xen] Booting xen kernel causes hardware reset

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM, sp4rc <sammyshome gmx net> wrote:
> Hello guys
>
> I am running Fedora 9 x86_64 in conjunction with a softraid
> installation. The system is patched to newest state possible (2. Aug)
>
> If I install the kernel-xen.x86_64 package (version 2.6.25.3-2.fc9) and
> try to boot into it the system simply resets itself. I cant see any
> error message on the screen nor within /var/log/{messages,boot.log}

Fedora 9 doesn't have dom0 kernel support.

It is generally recommended to use CentOS (or another distro) as the dom0.

Fedora 8 is the last release that had dom0 support.

Fedora 10 might get dom0 support, probably not necessarily at release time
though, but right around the time it hits mainline linux.

see:

http://www.nabble.com/kernel-xen-is-dead-td18637077.html
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/54274

Cheers,