[Fedora-xen] Testing LiveCD distros as guests?

Philip Rhoades wrotes :
 I want to test out a bunch of LiveCD distributions - is it possible to
set these up as guests under Xen so I don't have to shut down my main
machine?

I did that with virt-install :

Suppose you have a iso image of the cdrom and the Virtual Technology in the processor on recent computer :

on line 4 you can write what you want even the disk path of another VM so you can tune the it's file system
on line 8 where is your iso image (don't need  burn a cd)

[root baudelaire ~]# virt-install
1 Would you like a fully virtualized guest (yes or no)? This will allow you to run unmodified operating systems. yes
2  What is the name of your virtual machine? knoppix
3  How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 400
4 What would you like to use as the disk (file path)? /virtualMachines/knoppix.img
5  Disk /virtualMachines/knoppix.img is already in use by another guest!
6 Do you really want to use the disk (yes or no)?  yes
7  Would you like to enable graphics support? (yes or no) yes
8 What is the virtual CD image, CD device or install location? /home/KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN.iso

Starting install...
libvir: Xen Daemon erreur : opération GET échouée : xend_get: error from xen daemon: libvir: Xen Daemon erreur : opération GET échouée : xend_get: error from xen daemon: Creating domain... | 0 B 00:08
libGL error: open DRM failed (Opération non permise)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

the Vm start in a new window