[Fedora-xen] what steps are required to manually move a PV domU from one machine to another?

fc xen list fcxen at itsbeen.sent.com
Sat Feb 2 20:48:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am having a problem - I created a lovely bunch of F8 x86_64 domUs and I want
to create a vast clone army of them using different dom0s. The problem is, I do:

fm # virt-install c1 (no graphics)
fm # xm start c1
fm # xm shutdown c1 [ ok I don't _always_ shut it down :P  ]
fm # scp -p c1.img othermachine:/var/lib/xen/images
then:
om1 # virsh define c1.xml
om1 # xm start c1

and hangville,
if I do:
om1 # xmstart c1 -c
it seems to hang just after the grub boot menu.

I assume I am "doing it wrong" but this worked great in the past.

I've been selling F8/Xen as the answer to all problems,
any help would be appreciated.
VMWare looms like a line of dark clouds on the horizon...

Thanks.