[Fedora-xen] virt* source

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 13:40:41 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> I am unfamiliar with the tools I need to put that statement to the test.
> INSTALL says to run ./configure, but there is no ./configure to run.
>
> The website does say how to get the source with hg, and how to submit
> changes, but I can't see how to go from the checkout to building and
> installing.

I'm not sure which INSTALL file you're reading, but once you've got the
source for virtinst--devel from hg you need to use the standard python
way to build it.  Try:

   python setup.py --help

If this is Fedora, another, better route to go down is to build it from
the .src.rpm using rpmbuild.  Try the first suggestion on this page:

   http://fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/

Rich.