[Fedora-xen] where is XEN/VM networking defined?

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:56:02 UTC 2008

I've just started playing with virtualization on F8
and (amongst other things...) I'm having a hard time
figuring out:

a) what I need to do to get IP networking properly
   working between VMs and the outside world.
b) where/what networking scripts/config files are VM
   related, and that are run at system startup time,
   or even VM startup time???
c) what are my options for VM-to-world networking?
d) what options/techniques does:
   'System->Virtual Machine Manager' choose when
   reconfig'ing the host system and defining how
   the VM is started/connected.

I'm specifically interested in QEMU based VMs, because:
a) I don't have the hardware for KQEMU based VMs,
b) I haven't been able to figure out how to build
   a XEN based VM either.

So when running my QEMU based VMs I'm (currently)
just booting a std kernel, not the XEN based kernel.

I've tried RTFM'ing and I've tried searching back a few
months on this list for clues, and haven't (yet) found
a description of the networking options, or how or what
I need to do to get it to work properly.  Is there a
good HowTo somewhere?

TIA
Fulko