[Fedora-xen] management of this list

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Mon Jan 28 13:09:21 UTC 2008

John,
	Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes here seeing as how you have already received a management reply and apparently there was a previous discussion, but I have a couple of thoughts.  First: seeing as how your reply to can't have mail delivered to it from the outside world, I must ask if it is used for anything other than this list.  If it isn't, you could change your reply to header to fedora-xen at redhat.com and then whether someone replied to you or to all, it would only go to the group and you should get a copy.  Second: as for you missing some copies, said change, if an option, might resolve that as well.  I don't think I ever get duplicates either, and mine is set to receive duplicates as well, so that could be a bug of some sort in the list software.  Finally: regarding missing functionality in your mailer, I think all mailers have a reply to author and reply to all (albeit possibly with different names or hidden within options), but reply to all obviously includes the author, which you don't want to do.  In this scenario, I always reply to all and then delete the author from the to field, which is easier than replying and then replacing the author in the to field with fedora-xen at redhat.com.  However, I am not familiar with your clients, so I can't be certain such manipulation is possible, nor can I tell you how to do it, but it would blow me away if it were in fact impossible (though admittedly it could be cumbersome or annoying).
	Dustin