[Fedora-xen] Re: Testing LiveCD distros as guests?

Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

I want to test out a bunch of LiveCD distributions - is it possible to set these up as guests under Xen so I don't have to shut down my main machine?

If you have HVM, probably yes (although you might have better luck with kvm), otherwise it requires paravirt support in the Live-CD, which moves it to the "it depends" column.

I have done all my testing using KVM, due to the dubious state of xen WRT FC{9,10}. And frankly I find it as easy to use unless I have a bunch of VMs on a single host.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>