[Fedora-xen] Installing Para Virtualized guest using ISO file

Olivier Renault orenault at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 12:25:17 UTC 2008

Akio Takebe wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Are there any ideas that can use ISO file(ex: Fedora-8-i386-DVD.iso) to
>> install Para Virtualized guest OS ?
>>
>> Waiting for your help.
> Do you install vsftpd? If so, you mount ISO to /var/ftp/pub,
> and vsftpd start, then you can install the local ftp server,
> I think.

You can not install using the iso as such for a pv system. You will need
to install it through HTTP / NFS / FTP / ... ( I am normally using http,
& I am unsure if NFS is now supported ).

Install httpd server
yum -y install httpd

create a directory to mount your iso
mkdir /var/www/html/pub
mount -o loop /path-to-your-iso-image /var/www/html/pub

turn off SELinux & Firewall
setenforce 0
iptables -F
service httpd start

You should now be ready to install your Vm from

http://<ip of dom0>/pub

Hope this help.
Olivier

NB ; do not use localhost for the IP of dom0