[Fedora-xen] Question on Windows HVM Domain

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Thu May 15 19:58:19 UTC 2008

Bit of a n00b question....

I am currently running F8-Dom0 with an HVM-based Windows XP DomU.  I
tend to run it from virt-manager the occasional times I use it.

Given that F9-Dom0 support is still a work-in-progress, I started
reading about KVM existing in the "regular" kernel.

Since the Dom0 is my main "work" platform, I am considering upgrading to
F9, but, losing Xen.

The question becomes, can I run the existing Windows XP instance under
virt-manager via KVM?  BTW, the disk for Windows XP is an LV, and I
would prefer to continue NAT'ing it to the outside, if that matters....

Some of the doc's on fedoraproject.org started identifying parity
between KVM and Qemu (which I thought is what is used for HVM)....

Am I totally insane, or on to a potential solution that lets me move my
Dom0 to F9?

Thanks for any pointers/help,

--Rob