[Fedora-xen] Question on Windows HVM Domain

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri May 16 07:42:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 03:58:19PM -0400, Robert Locke wrote:
> The question becomes, can I run the existing Windows XP instance under
> virt-manager via KVM?  BTW, the disk for Windows XP is an LV, and I
> would prefer to continue NAT'ing it to the outside, if that matters....

Yes and no.  It will probably work, but in my experience it was quite
sensitive to the exact version of KVM & whether features such as ACPI
were enabled or disabled.  Maybe XP is better -- I was using W2K8.

Note that KVM requires hardware virtualization support in your CPU and
(for Intel) BIOS.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v