[Fedora-xen] Cannot erase unsuccessfully created guests

Gastón Keller gastonkeller at gmail.com
Tue May 27 20:46:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Marcel Damásio <marceldamasio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gastón,
>
> First, these 512 of mem are just reserved to xen0 if when it starts. So, you
> don't have this memory problem.

I considered there was a problem because when I just created dom0,
it's assigned memory was around 2000. Later on, each time I created
(or tried to create) a new guest, the amount of memory assigned to
dom0 was being reduced.

Now, I have used the command _xm_delete_ with each of the guest
without id and they were effectively removed. My only concern now is
that the amount of memory of dom0 hasn't augmented accordingly.

Am I misunderstanding something?

> And the option 'xm destroy' is just to shutdown a cracked VM (I'm almost
> sure).
> To erase the VM you need to do 'xm delete'.

Thanks for this. I didn't know of the existence of that command. As
far as I can tell, it is not documented in the manual pages (accessed
from the terminal).

Thanks again,
Gaston

--