[Fedora-xen] configure: error: GRUB requires a working absolute objcopy; upgrade your binutils

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Wed May 28 16:31:40 UTC 2008

FYI, I was able to get grub built with only the memory patch by installing
compat-gcc-34 (and compat-gcc-34-c++ for good measure), and feeding CC=gcc34
as a variable to configure.  So apparently that was just a compatibility
issue where F7 must use an older version of gcc.  I still have no clue how
to build after applying grub-fedora-8.patch, though.