[Fedora-xen] Re: xen kernel with dom0 in Fedora 10?

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, lamont cranston wrote:

Hope this helps...

There are procedures for converting between similar versions of RHEL to
CentOS.

http://gr33do.com/index.php/2008/07/convert-rhel-5-to-centos-5/

Now, how well this will work for Fedora to CentOS.... well, any programs
unique to the Fedora distro won't get updated by yum, since they would not
be in the Centos repository. It might be an interesting experiment,

But one that is very unlikely to succeed. RHEL 5/CentOS 5 are based on FC6. The
OP said he was running F8. This would be a downgrade in terms of package
versions. Because CentOS packages always have higher version numbers than the
corresponding RHEL packages, converting from RHEL5 to CentOS is trivial.
Downgrading a system without reinstalling is not.

Regards,

--
Tom 		me tdiehl org		Spamtrap address me123 tdiehl org