[Fedora-xen] Re: kernel-xen-2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64 don't boot

Marco Guazzone schrieb:
I've just installed the kernel-xen-2.6.25.3-2.fc9.x86_64 on my FC9 for
experimenting with XEN.

Unfortunately when I boot from grub with this kernel (as a host system) the
system reboot after the message:
XEN relinquishing vga console

kernel-xen from FC9 does not provide Dom0 ("host") functionality. Currently there is no usable Xen Dom0 in Fedora (besides Fedora 8 where support will be dropped in a few months).

If you want to have a stable Xen Dom0, you should go for CentOS oder RHEL.
If you just want "virtualization", you should look at KVM which is the upcoming "standard" virtualization for RHEL. Red Hat announced a few days ago that they think about dropping Xen completely when RHEL 5 is not supported any longer (2014).

fs