Re: [Fedora-xen] NTP problem in PAE kernel

On Saturday 03 January 2009 07:44:41 am Norman NTP wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question that we are using Fedora-8 as DOM0 and Fedora-10 as
> DomU, how DomU can use by default clock of DOM0 so in that way if i
> want to change the time on DomU it wont allow me to change the time on
> DomU.I am using Xen Kernel on DOM0 and PAE Kernel on DomU.

[snip]

The system clock in a paravirtualized kernel cannot be set.  The hardware
clock in an HVM domU also cannot be set.  The hadware clock and the system
clock for paravirtualized domUs is controlled in dom0.

I really like this, as I can set up NTP in dom0 and all of the clocks will be
in sync in my domUs, just like that.

I don't know of any way to configure a domU to be able to control it's own
clock separately, other than taking out the source and updating the code to
give you that option.  I wouldn't bother.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont lamontpeterson org>
[ http://lamontpeterson.org/ ]