[Fedora-xen] virt-manager using iscsi

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Oct 19 21:45:56 UTC 2009

On 10/07/2009 11:21 PM, Jon wrote:
> I have setup a domU to serve up iscsi disks that are really LVs on the
> host. I have configured ied.conf to use these LVs as iscsi targets. I
> have an .iso loopback mounted and offered up on my webserver for HTTP
> installs.

> The dialog box just stays on the console and the traffic eventually
> comes to a complete stop.
>
> I am getting nothing useful in the logs on either dom0 or domU as to why
> it just dies.
>
> Has anybody ran into this before?
> Is this never going to work because of my setup?

I had something similar, I think, with a Nexenta DomU doing ZFS storage
for the other Dom0's.  I wound up having to do:

  /usr/sbin/xm sched-credit -d 0 60000

to keep them from deadlocking.

I have iscsid mounting the volumes and then exporting them to Xen like:

'phy:/dev/disk/by-path/ip-192.168.1.3:3260-iscsi-iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:b1723f77-ac5f-4037-a3c7-9e9458f86679-lun-0,hda,w',

What I need to do still is write a daemon to live on Dom0 that will
listen for the DomU reporting that it's up and services are ready and
then start the dependent DomU's.  Hackish, but now I have to start by
hand or make some WAG's with sleep statements.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle