[Freeipa-devel] groups

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 14:16:46 UTC 2007

I was going to take a crack at basic Group support today, based on the
existing support for users (I'm hoping it will go very fast).

We have a User object now. There is nothing really user-specific in
there currently.

Kevin, I wonder if we should make an Entry class or something, and then
have User and Group inherit those bits. I think I'm going to start with
that idea anyhow.

What objectclasses are we looking to use for groups? Is one going to
look something like:

dn: cn=MYGROUPNAME,ou=groups,ou=default,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupofuniquenames
cn: MYGROUPNAME
uniqueMember: uid=someuser,ou=users,ou=default,dc=example,dc=com

rob