[Freeipa-devel] ipa_pwd_extop killing FDS 1.0.4 on Centos 5.1

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 17:55:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 09:45 +0000, Jonathan Barber wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking at porting the ipa_pwd_extop plugin to run on our
> existing FDS 1.0.4 servers, and have got it running under Centos 5.1
> fine for the kerberos hashes.
>
> However, when the plugin comes to update the samba hashes in
> ipapwd_SetPassword(), it crashes the server.

Can you get a stack trace?
In my testing I never had a problem, but as samba is a lower priority at
this moment I haven't actually tested the ntlm generation since a while,
I will do some testing too.

> It appears (from a generous dollop of log statements) to be halting in
> encode_ntlm_keys() on the first calls to either DES_set_key_unchecked()
> or MD4_Init() depending on which hashes I set to be generated, so on the
> face of things it would appear to be related to openssl somehow.

Or maybe we pass a bogus pointer somewhere, a stack trace would be great
in pointing that out.

> Needless to say, a simple program calling these functions from the
> openssl library works fine on the system.
>
> Can anyone offer insight as to what be causing the crash?

Not without debugging info.

| Simo S Sorce |
| Sr.Soft.Eng. |
| Red Hat, Inc |