[Freeipa-devel] ipa-cli examples

Masato Taruishi taruishi at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 05:12:11 UTC 2007

> Le mercredi 04 juillet 2007 à 03:25 +0900, Masato Taruishi a écrit :
> > Hi, FreeIPA guys.
>
> Hi all,
>
> > Sorry about my stupid mail. I'm new to FreeIPA, but
> > instersted in this project.
> >
> > I couldn't find the design detail but I experimentally
> > wrote a simple flexible library to manage LDAP, and others,
> > entries and some tools using the library in this weekend.
> > It's a very quick implementation, poor feature and needs
> > refactoring, but if it's useful for this project, I'd like
> > to contribute these tools.
>
> Hey this is interesting, even standalone.
> Interestingly enough, I was also trying on my (too few) spare time the
> same (but with a language I know, Perl).
> You can see my quick start on
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/POSIX-Account-LDAP/
>
> Maybe it would be interesting to share ideas around the configuration
> file, as it seems we have quite the same approach.
>
> I even have a test suite in it, that may be shared with other projects
> and used also to assess coverage of the code.

Thanks. I'll look into it, but basically my library doesn't depend
on LDAP itself by abstracting user account information. So you can
use my tool to manage /etc/passwd, though I need to
implement /etc/passwd backend. I've written the similar library few
years ago, which supports many backends such as LDAP, CSV, pwd,
/etc/passwd and so on. I'm just rewriting the same infrastracture
from scracth with some design improvements which the previous
library doesn't support.

Anyway, thanks for your information.