[Freeipa-devel] more work on the setup scripts

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 23:42:47 UTC 2007

If there are no objections I will commit this before leaving on Monday.

- patch for fedroa-ds init scripts bz#248169
- create the keytab for the ldap service
- create the sample bind zone
- test the hostname is set up correctly and resolves to a real IP not
127.0.01
- use the domain portion of the hostname as the DNS domain
  (ie dns domain may be != realm)
- fix the kdb5_ldap_util paramter to actually pass the master password

I still have a problem with GSSAPI authentication against LDAP
I encoded the same settings I use in my working prototype but SASL auth
does not work in the installation test environment.
Raising the log level of fedora-ds shows that the sasl mapping object is
searched and found, but then fedora-ds tries to find the user account
using the wrong filter: (&(uid=<username>)) instead oh
(krbPrinciplaName=<username>@<REALM>) as specified in the configuration.
The basedn is correct.

Will digg on this later.