[Freeipa-devel] another snag with kerberos

Karl MacMillan kmacmill at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 12:49:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 12:08 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 11:00 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> > Karl MacMillan wrote:
> > >
> > > Not ideal - but seems workable. Rob - any other options or is this the
> > > way you want to go?
> > >
> > > Karl
> > >

> > After looking at this some more I wonder if we could simply subclass the
> > Transport method and include the headers that way. I'm not enough of a
> > python expert to know how large a task this would be.
> >
> > In any case we can't do anything until we find a way to do kerberos SSO
> > with ticket forwarding using some sort of HTTP engine.
>
> Ticket forwarding is on the esoteric end of the kerberos spectrum, and I
> wonder if for IPAv1 we should instead have the XMLRPC server simply be
> trusted?  (Bind as EXTERNAL, then do LDAP proxy authorization).

Maybe I don't understand, but are you suggesting that the LDAP database
not know the user identity? So the xmlrpc server would connect using a
single identity?

We got to where we are today because we didn't want to recreate the
access control layer that exists in the LDAP server in our xmlrpc
server. So if what you're suggesting is the above then I would rather
avoid that.

Karl