[Freeipa-devel] Turbogears

Kevin McCarthy kmccarth at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 18:53:39 UTC 2007

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> It crashes because it can't reload the updated python. I find it annoying
> too but have just gotten used to it (and better at python syntax).

Alighty, I'll have to be more careful too then.  It makes me a bit
scared of production stability though.  I'd rather one controller serve
up 500 Server Errors than the entire server crash.  Hopefully it only
behaves this way for Python syntax errors, and not for other things that
are harder to test.

>> Smaller things I find weird is that SQLObjects save on contruction,
>> which doesn't lend itself to temporary model objects.  And "widgets"
>> invoke bad memories of JSP tags.
>
> We can't use SQLObjects can we? We don't have a SQL database.

Yes, thank goodness.  I just found the design odd, is all.

> One of the main factors in choose it was the ability to easy forge ahead
> using generic objects (dicts, lists and such) instead of SQL objects. And
> since python was chosen as the language for the XML-RPC server having one
> language across things is nice.

I agree.  The less languages/technologies involved the better.

How have you found the 'kid' and user interface tools so far?  The
tutorial doesn't cover much ground there.

-Kevin