Re: [Freeipa-devel] multi-valued fields

Pete Rowley wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
The multi-valued field problem is turning out to be a hard nut to crack. I have a semi-working prototype now but I need to know which attributes we will allow to be multi-valued.

cn, work number, fax number, cell number, pager number, home number, org unit, tags, car license, home page

Ouch, that's a lot of fields. Ok, I'll pick one and see if I can get multiples of these working at once.

I've attached a screenshot of what my current mock-up looks like.
Looks good. Would it be possible to remove the add link and have an extra blank field just appear when all the fields are filled? Ideally pressing tab or otherwise changing focus after entering a new value would have the new blank field appear with the cursor focus. That would make it a bit prettier and also I think a bit more usable.

Automatically adding a blank one I think would be confusing and would cause validation issues for required fields. I was thinking about using CSS to make the Add/Remove font a bit smaller and perhaps adding in the field name for Add (e.g. Add Common Name). But that'll come later, once I get the basic plumbing working.

rob