[Freeipa-devel] Does credential checking take a long time?

David O'Brien david.obrien at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 06:08:15 UTC 2007

I haven't nailed this right down yet, but one of the things I do when I
boot any of my ipa machines is to su - to check a couple of config files
(they get rewritten by vpn).

It takes anything up to a minute? to get a root prompt back. About 10
minutes after bootup, I get a message that my Kerberos credentials  have
expired. when I renew, I can su - and get a root prompt immediately.

I'm running on 32bit F7 in a VM with 512M (host has 2G). Once I get past
this stage, everything seems to be fine. I ran top to see what was
happening, but load was less than 1.0, no apparent major memory hogs, etc.

Any suggestions?
--

David O'Brien <mailto:daobrien at redhat.com>
RHCT