[Freeipa-devel] modRDN

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 20:51:02 UTC 2007

I have a ticket (#3) to allow the RDN to be modified.

python-ldap has a modrdn function so I know that I *can* change it, just
have an ordering question.

The request may come with a slew of other changes as well (likely gn, sn
and sn too). It might just be easier, because of the way we generate the
list of changes, to do the other changes first and then the modrdn. Is
there any reason to do one before the other?

I assume that any attribute in the DN gets automatically changed during
the modrdn operation. Is that correct?

We already have the referential integrity plugin enabled so in theory I
just have to worry about constructing the two updates properly and not
an repercusions of them. Right?

thanks

rob