Re: [Freeipa-devel] should server install be done in two stages?

Karl MacMillan wrote:

No reason to have the two-step process. After the DS instance is created
- which is the first step - you are free to bind to the directory and
make changes. In fact, the krb tools do just that and that's what I'm
doing in the replication setup. All you need to do is to pass down the
directory manager password to do the simple bind.

Are you talking about this idiom?

def ldap_mod(fd, dn, pwd):
args = ["/usr/bin/ldapmodify", "-h", "127.0.0.1", "-xv", "-D", dn, "-w", pwd, "-f", fd.name]
    run(args)

If so that's what I'm saying creates redundancy. The same thing done with ldif templates later gets done with IPAdmin.add_entry() et. al.

Why implement things twice?

--
John Dennis <jdennis redhat com>