[Freeipa-devel] Generating kerberos keytabs

Karl MacMillan kmacmill at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 15:15:55 UTC 2007

I'm looking into creating the xml-rpc interface for generating service
principals / keytabs and need some help getting started (since I'm a
kerberos newb). Questions:

1) Is there a way to do this programmatically or am I going to end up
scripting around kadmin?

2) Could / should this be done remotely using kadmin? I'm assuming no
(especially for cross-platform support), but thought I would ask.

3) What principal should we use - the current users? What if we generate
a host keytab always - which I think we should - should we allow that to
be used to generate other service principals? Is that even possible?

Thanks - Karl