[Freeipa-devel] command-line arguments

Andrew C. Dingman adingman at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 14:38:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 10:01 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > - Can we override the uidNumber?
> IMO, we shouldn't, is there any reason why an admin should specify an
> uidNumber on creation ?

Sometimes, usually for interoperability with other legacy systems. It's
an option I'd miss if it weren't there, as an admin, though as a rule
it's more useful to be able to specify a UID allocation policy than a
specific UID.

> > - Do we create any directories?
> IMO, no, where would you create them? the tool may even run on a PDA
> on
> the other side of the world at some point, and usually it runs on the
> admin workstation anyway.
> Should we instead configure pam_mkhomedir by default ?

I like this idea. I think it's an under-appreciated and under-used
module.