Re: [Freeipa-devel] command-line arguments

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 10:30 -0700, Pete Rowley wrote:
> If we can do it while having it make sense then that would be a good
> thing - what are the corner cases here?

The real problem here, as it is for the shell, is that we have a global
setting for something local.

On my laptop I will probably like to have /home/simo, but on a corporate
server I may have /home/remote/simo or /home/s/simo or /users/simo
or /rdu/simo or /mnt/remote/simo or whatever.

Also in future we may want to support something like nfs://server/home/
or cifs://server/path/whatevr, this would make much more sense, but
would require the client to know how to mount that and make it
available, a job for v2 or v3 which requires some helpers.

Simo.