[Freeipa-devel] Cached logins and sync'ed homes

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 13:20:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 11:50 +0300, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> Hi there,
> I would very much like to implement RHEIPA for our network, I have a
> couple of questions though. Would it offer cached logins (for laptops
> at home) ?

Not yet, we are working on this.

>  Also, Is it currently possible to have /homes on the network and on
> the laptop at the same time, and have them sync somehow ?

No, and so far we are staying away from storage related issues as that
is not our core interest.

> If the answer is no, does redhat see that as a priority, i.e. is it
> being worked on ?

Red Hat probably has interest in both but the FreeIPA project focuses
only on Identity, Policy and Audit, so far storage management is not a
priority.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York