[Freeipa-devel] ports for RADIUS?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 14:38:54 UTC 2008

David O'Brien wrote:
> I'd like to update the following for RADIUS ports, but I don't know
> which ones freeIPA uses:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/InstallAndDeploy#Required_Ports
>
> The "official" ports are 1812 and 1813 but 1645/6 seem to be the default
> ones. Can anyone shed light here?

#  The default port that most NAS boxes use is 1645, which is historical.
#  RFC 2138 defines 1812 to be the new port.  Many new servers and
#  NAS boxes use 1812, which can create interoperability problems.
#
#  The port is defined here to be 0 so that the server will pick up
#  the machine's local configuration for the radius port, as defined
#  in /etc/services.
#
#  If you want to use the default RADIUS port as defined on your server,
#  (usually through 'grep radius /etc/services') set this to 0 (zero).
#

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>