[Freeipa-devel] naming for radius.conf?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 14:10:42 UTC 2008

David O'Brien wrote:
> There's probably a good reason for this, but why is this file
> /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf and not /etc/radius/radiusd.conf ? I figure
> there is a db involved, etc., etc., but it didn't seem a very logical
> directory name. I ended up using locate to, er.., locate it.

Because that is how upstream FREERadius names the directory which also
means that's the directory name RPM is going to create and install it
under when the rpm package is installed. We don't and can't rename
components belonging to package dependencies.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of the name either, but it is what it is :-)

P.S.: It does contain database files which is probably why it got it's
name and yes that means according to FHS and Fedora packaging guidelines
those files are in the wrong place :-(

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>