[Freeipa-devel] Changing non-admin passwords

tflipa at radiantpoint.com tflipa at radiantpoint.com
Wed Jul 9 15:47:50 UTC 2008

Hi everyone

I just setup freeIPA v1.1 for fedora 9 and am having an issue with user accounts. I added a new user from the admin account web interface and read online that it will automatically set the password expiration to now. The issue I am having is that I am unable to change my password on login from my windows or centos hosts.

In windows I downloaded the kfw package and installed, however when I try and login with "proguser" it asks me to change my password.  I do so and it shows up with the error message

Failed to get credentials for prog user at ....

Requested protocol version not supported.

In Centos I try kinit proguser and it says the same thing.  I tried looking this info up with no avail.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Tim Faltemier