[Freeipa-interest] RE: [Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 1.1 Released

Razvan Corneliu C.R. VILT razvan at htpassport.ro
Mon Jun 23 15:53:24 UTC 2008

Simo Sorce wrote:

>>> To clear that up, it is available in Fedora 8 and 9.
>>>
>>> rob
>> Still no RHEL 5/Centos 5 RPMS?
> Anthony,
> RHEL 5/CentOS 5 require backporting of a few packages to be able to
> successfully use freeipa.
> It will require quite some work within EPEL to backport stuff like
> turbogears, the kdc ldap backend and other python dependencies.
> If someone wants to picj that work up it would be nice, but we do not
> plan on doing that work as part of the FreeIPA project.
>
> Simo.

Hi Simo,

For the krb5-server-ldap package, you can rebuild-it simply by taking
the RHEL SRPM and changing the following two lines in the spec file:

%define WITH_LDAP 1
%define ONLY_LDAP 1

The rest of the packages should work with a simple recompile. I think
that it's doable.

Regards,
Razvan

P.S.: I've removed freeipa-interest from the CC list as this thread is
getting technical