[Freeipa-devel] Re: [Ovirt-devel] ports and hostnames for the ovirt server

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 19:43:07 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:40:24AM -0400, Perry N. Myers wrote:
>> Simo Sorce wrote:
>>> I think opt 3 is the solution and should be adopted by both freeipa and
>>> ovirt so that we can all be good citizens.
>>>
>>> Simo.
>> Ok.  I think we're all in agreement then.  :)
>>
>> We'll change ovirt to be in /ovirt, and we'll wait to hear when new rpms
>> are in rawhide to fix this in ipa.
>
> We should sync up with Rob to test his config changes for IPA to verify
> that they work for us before they get pushed to rawhide.
>
> Dan.

The patch is in:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2008-March/msg00063.html

You can probably apply this by-hand to an existing IPA install, just
some of the paths will change.

We discussed in IRC to change this even further and put everything that
IPA uses into the /ipa namespace.

Simo suggested: /ipa/ui /ipa/xml /ipa/errors /ipa/static /ipa/config

I'll look into that next.

rob