[Freeipa-devel] Re: [Freeipa-interest] [Roadmap] Evolution

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sun Nov 2 17:27:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 11:48 +0100, NOLLET Remy (CAMPUS) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am very interested about this project to implement an Infra Server
> on full Linux.
> I know that the wishlist is growing but why do the roadmap going later
> instead of having another release IPA3 ?
>
> What we have done separetly:
>         .DNS with LDAP Backend
>         .SUDERS with LDAP Backend
>         .a Mix POSIX/NIS schema on LDAP to allow group of users and
> group of servers.

Remy,
would you mind moving this discussion on freeipa-devel ?
(I took the liberty to reply there).

We are planning on all 3 features for v2, although probably not
implemented the way you did. But it would be nice to discuss merits and
cons of your solution and see if we can learn in the process.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York