[Freeipa-devel] automount in LDAP

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 05:04:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 18:08 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:

> Ok, for clarification, this is why I'm proposing having the
> location/name/whatever in the DN.

Understood and I second that.

> You have to supply a base search DN in the autofs config file, on
> Linux
> anyway.
>
> So if we cleverly supply this baseDN it is easy to support multiple
> configurations.
>
> autofs searches for its base configuration like this:
>
> SRCH base="dc=example,dc=com" scope=2
> filter="(&(objectClass=automountMap)(automountMapName=auto.master))"
> attrs="automountMapName"

Is this filter hardcoded into the autofs binary? Or is it possible to
change via a configuration directive?

> So if we can set that base to something where a unique auto.master
> will
> be found we can control what is in that master. It seems like that is
> the only thing that truly needs to be unique.

Yes, if the filter cannot be changed we will have "named" configurations
where the names will be used to create a container.

Like: cn=fooname,cn=automount,dc=example,dc=com
And this should probably be the auto.master object.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York