[Freeipa-devel] CRITICAL failed to add Full Principal Sasl mapping

NWith nswith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:31:55 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but I've already searched for my problem and
found this page:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2008-June/msg00109.html

My problem is that I keep getting

[1/16]: creating directory server user
 [2/16]: creating directory server instance
 [3/16]: adding default schema
 [4/16]: enabling memberof plugin
 [5/16]: enabling referential integrity plugin
 [6/16]: enabling distributed numeric assignment plugin
 [7/16]: configuring uniqueness plugin
 [8/16]: creating indices
 [9/16]: configuring ssl for ds instance
 [10/16]: configuring certmap.conf
 [11/16]: restarting directory server
 [12/16]: adding default layout
 [13/16]: configuring Posix uid/gid generation as first master
 [14/16]: adding master entry as first master
 [15/16]: initializing group membership
 [16/16]: configuring directory to start on boot
done configuring dirsrv.
Configuring Kerberos KDC
 [1/13]: setting KDC account password
 [2/13]: adding sasl mappings to the directory
root        : CRITICAL failed to add Full Principal Sasl mapping
Unexpected error - see ipaserver-install.log for details:
 local variable 'e' referenced before assignment

So far, I've used CentOS 5.2, RHEL 5, and Fedora 11 on a brand-new,
clean virtual machine, but despite following the other methods
discussed in the thread, I still
come to this error. Can anyone who has experienced (and hopefully
solved) this error please point me in the right direction as to what
to do?

-Nicholas With