Re: [Freeipa-devel] contribution policy draft

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 06:31:31AM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> Karsten, I'd also like to put together something similar for the SSSD
> contribution page (not currently existing in any useful form). The SSSD
> has some different licensing requirements, however. While all portions
> of the server should be GPL (version debatable), we have several shared
> libraries that need to be LGPL, and we also have a nebulous set of
> plugins that are loaded by server-processes*. These last present a
> somewhat troublesome legal question.

Stephen:

Have you had a chance to talk with RHT Legal about this?  What I'd
recommend is that we forward the details and make an appointment with
Richard Fontana; I think the high-bandwidth of a phone call works
especially well with lawyers, unless it's all clear to him via email.
We can report back here the results; I'd like to participate as part
of coordinating license and contribution policies.

If that sounds good, I can forward your email and see where it leads
us next; I'm widely available for a call.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41