Re: [Freeipa-devel] LDAP connections and the new ldap backend plugin

Jason Gerard DeRose wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:49 -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. If the connection object is ipaserver.ipaldap.IPAdmin which is a subclass of SimpleLDAPObject, can't the connection object be "cast" and used directly as a SimpleLDAPObject? Or does the IPA code change/overload the methods such that it is not usable any more as a SimpleLDAPObject?

The subclass overrides methods, so code written against SimpleLDAPObject
would probably break.

My concern is that we use this object in more places than just the XML-RPC server. What is this going to mean for those? I suppose just more complicated setup code though I guess we could write a few methods to handle that.

How do you propse handling the other methods in IPAdmin such as getEntry, deleteEntry, etc?

rob