[Freeipa-devel] Git version (pre 0.4) config problems under Ubuntu

Miguel P.C. mpcolino at gmail.com
Tue May 26 10:53:58 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I've been pretty busy but still trying to keep track on the project's progress.
The steps I've taken are:

1.- upgrade to Karmic alpha 1
2.- Install build deps
3.- autoreconf -i -f
4.- ./configure --prefix=/opt/sssd

this is when I get the following message:
checking for LDB... yes
checking ldb.h usability... no
checking ldb.h presence... no
checking for ldb.h... no
configure: error: LDB header files are not installed
configure: error: ./configure failed for server

but LBD header is installed:
[migpc at ella:~/Code/sssd/tmp/sssd]$ find /usr/ | grep ldb\.h
/usr/include/samba-4.0/ldb.h

There are two packages for lbd, I'm normally using
"libldb-samba4-dev".  Then I try with "libldb-dev"

[migpc at ella:~/Code/sssd/tmp/sssd]$ find /usr/ | grep ldb\.h
/usr/include/ldb.h
/usr/include/ldb_handlers.h

but I get exactly the same error.
Any suggestion on what can be done or where should I look to solve the problem?

BTW, some little suggestions:
1.- popt may be included in BUILD.txt as dependency.
2.- a proper "make clean" or equivalent would be really good to have
in the root dir in order to ease packaging

Thanks for making sssd so much easier to work with.

M*