[Freeipa-devel] IPA v1.2.2 in Fedora updates-testing

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 15:01:48 UTC 2009

IPA v1.2.2 has been released into the Fedora updates-testing repository
(not quite pushed to all the mirrors yet). I'm putting it into testing
so we can get some feedback on it before pushing it out to the masses.

It primarily addresses the following bugs:

* Fix group deletion in the web UI. 484050
* Make the web UI work when both python-cherrypy and python-cherrypy2
are installed. 505686
* Fix some Python 2.6 deprecation warnings
* Change method used to determine CAs to trust. 509111
* Add the CA constraint to the self-signed CA IPA generates. 514027

If you are upgrading an existing IPA installation see
http://freeipa.org/page/NewCA for details on re-issuing the CA so it
will work with FF 3.5

The Fedora update entries where feedback can be provided are at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ipa-1.2.2-1.fc10
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ipa-1.2.2-1.fc11

Once the update gets pushed out to the mirrors you can install it with
something like:

# yum --enablerepo updates-testing install ipa-server

I'll make a more official announcement once we push it out to the Fedora
updates repository. I'll also post the tarball on the freeipa.org wiki
at that time.

rob