[Freeipa-devel] Updated SUDO spec

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 04:31:50 UTC 2010

Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> Changes were made to the command section of the details screen.
>>

> And now with the file

I'm still strongly of the opinion that we should be replacing (e.g.)
User(s) with Users, and Command(s) with Commands, etc.

If we maintain this format, why do we not also use "Sudo Rule(s)" and
"Sudo Command(s)", etc? I don't see the benefit of indicating the
availability of multiple objects by (s). What happens when you encounter
more complex examples? Identity(ies)? That's just messy.

In ECS our policy is "If it can be plural, write in plural; if it can
only be singular, write in singular."

Is this not possible in the UI?
--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific Pty Ltd

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever."
  ~ Chinese proverb