[Freeipa-devel] Implementing --all as a global option

Pavel Zuna pzuna at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 14:55:57 UTC 2010

Pavel Zuna wrote:
> I've run into a little problem when implementing --all as a global
> option. The problem is that I can't see a way, to propagate it to the
> server side. Plugins could always retrieve all attributes and the client
> would choose what to display, but that would be very ineffective
> (especially when executing *-find commands).
>
> Either we add a way to pass additional information over XML-RPC (command
> independent flags) or we go back to non-global --all options.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Pavel

Hey Jason,
we talked about this a bit on Tuesday meeting and you mentioned having some
plans about extending the information being transmitted over XML-RPC. I remember
something about "extras" and "cookies", but that's pretty much it. If you could
just summarize what you had in mind, I'll start figuring stuff out and
implementing it.

Pavel