[Freeipa-devel] So what's up with this new stream of email from Transifex on freeipa-devel?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 00:00:00 UTC 2010

You may have noticed this email list has started to receive email from
Transifex. What's up with that anyway?

Transifex is an open source translation portal. We recently registered
our project with Transifex to get our language translations performed
for us by experienced translators. Normally Transifex is set up to
integrate with the projects version control system (VCS), e.g. cvs, svn,
mercurial, git, etc. When a translator submits a translation (e.g. a .po
file) the typical behavior is for Transifex to commit the .po file to
the projects VCS. But we have very strict access control on our git
repository. So instead we've set it up so submissions are emailed to us.
I will convert that submission into a git patch and post it for approval.

We've also registered this email list as our administrative contact with
Transifex. That means administrative requests from Transifex will also
appear on this list. For the time being I will handle all the emails
coming from Transifex.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?