[Freeipa-devel] autogen.sh script?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 23:36:36 UTC 2010

Who wrote our autogen.sh script and why?

Why aren't we using autoreconf instead?

FWIW autogen.sh is seriously broken, it's getting incorrect results when
comparing different versions of tools. It thinks 1.7 is newer than 1.11
because it's doing string comparisons which causes it to run the wrong
versions of some of the tools. I can fix the version comparison but my
inclination is not to bother since autogen scripts have been replaced by
the autoreconf tool. As for testing the minimum required tool version;
is there an actual problem being solved by this?

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/