[Freeipa-devel] Writing to /var/cache/ipa/assets/

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 20:30:55 UTC 2010

Pavel's current code base tries to write to  /var/cache/ipa/assets/ from
within httpd, which is forbidden by SELinux.  I suspect the code in the
mainline might be doing this as well.  The work around is:

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t /var/cache/ipa/assets
semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t 'assets'

If we are going to do this kind of code generation, we might want to do
it at install time, or as part of something like
/etc/init.d/ipa-server start