[Freeipa-devel] New web directory

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Jun 28 15:54:36 UTC 2010

I think we need a new web directory, something similar to
/usr/share/ipa/html, but that shows up in the web url.

The wsgi code chops off the file extension, so user.html becomes user.
THis will break the javascript.  I'm assuming that was why we're
currently  putting the .js files into /var/lib/cache/assets.

I think the simplest appraoch would be to create a directory in
/var/www/html  For static content.  Then, the stuff that I have checked
into freeipa/web (minus the sample data sub dir) would be deployed to
there.   Of course, the problem is that the /ipa URL path gets
redirected to WSGI, but I think we can put an explicit excludes in for it.

As I said before, one of my goals is to be able to do development
completly offline, with no round trips to the server, to ease both
development and to allow for automated testing of the javascript code.

If people want to continue to put the static code into
/usr/share/ipa/html then the current html directory should probably be
renamed to 'errors' or something so the good name can be used for the
main html.