[Freeipa-devel] [SSSD] Proposed changes to the HBAC grammar

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 13:24:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:21:04 -0500
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Doing the forward septets is easy (1*x..7*x), but the reverse septets
> are more complicated (since they would be (y-1*x..y-7*x), where y is
> the total number of days in the month (which also has to account for
> leap years).
>
> I think it might be a nice enhancement, but I recommend that we not
> include it right now, given the tight release schedule for FreeIPA v2.

As I said before it is a now or never condition.
If you do not put it in now, then when you put it in, old clients will
not understand the rule. And they will have only one option, always
deny access, because they have no way to understand when it is ok to
allow/deny it.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York